IT Junior Data Support and Operation Analyst
Title: IT Junior Data Support and Operation Analyst
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Department: Information Technology
Reporting to: Director of Data Solutions
The Junior Data Support and Operation Analyst is responsible for providing Level 1 support and troubleshooting of the database scheduled jobs. The role entails 70% support work and 30% operational work. Candidate must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Provide Level 1 support of the database scheduled jobs, scripts and programs.
• Troubleshoot source of errors: missing, delayed or erroneous files, program bugs.
• Escalate issues to senior members of the team, ensuring accurate and concise reporting, providing the potential solutions and a thorough impact analysis.
• Research, analyze and organize data sets
• Create monitor scripts and reports to check data quality
• Work with senior data team members to help optimize data processes
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Knowledge of SQL , SSIS and SQL Server Scheduler
• Knowledge of different asset classes (Equities, Bonds, and Commodities)
• Strong communication skills with ability to interact and communicate across all levels
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Excellent knowledge of Internet, MS Word and Excel is required.
• Roll up your sleeve work ethic.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelors or equivalent in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Finance / Economics.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar role within financial services.
• Working knowledge of SQL development, Integration Services and Data Modeling.
• Familiarity with market data providers such as Bloomberg is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Must have a positive, proactive focused attitude.
• Detail oriented and well organized.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Professional demeanor
• Capacity for learning and apply new procedures/ideas
• Fluent in English and German
• Ability to effectively present information
Since its foundation in 1955, VanEck has been driven by innovation and stands for intelligent, forward-looking investment strategies. As of December 10, 2018, VanEck managed approximately USD 47 billion in assets, including ETFs, mutual funds and institutional accounts.
With more than 90 ETFs globally, the investment house offers a comprehensive portfolio covering numerous sectors, asset classes and smart beta strategies. VanEck was one of the first asset managers to offer investors access to international markets. The objective has always been to identify new trends and asset classes – such as Gold Investments (1968), Emerging Markets (1993) and ETFs (2006), which have shaped the investment industry to this day.
VanEck is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Frankfurt (Germany), Pfaeffikon (Switzerland), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Sydney (Australia) and Shanghai (China).
Terms and Conditions: