Position: Corporate Accountant
Legal Entity: VanEck (Europe) GmbH
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Department: Corporate Accounting
Reporting to: Senior Accountant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Responsible for the monthly general ledger closing of certain VanEck European companies (i.e. all related cash, fixed asset, prepaid expense and accrual entries, booking/tracking of all investments’ activity, earnings, management fees, monitoring/booking all expenses, etc.).
• Prepare monthly income statement analysis and reconciliations.
• Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Assist with all tax requests including all statutory tax filings, tax returns, tax audits, etc.
• Assist with the preparation of all tax filings and tax payments.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reporting package for Controller/Senior Management.
• Assist with preparation of annual financial statements and footnotes.
• Assist in year-end audit process (i.e. prepare schedules, reconciliations, analysis of account balances, etc.) and interface with auditors as needed.
• Assist in yearly budget process.
• Initiate processing of all invoices and expense reports for employees of the VanEck European companies.
• Initiate invoicing of and collection from 3rd party clients.
• Initiate invoice payments.
• Assist with payroll, tax, and benefits inquiries and/or issues.
• Monitor changes in accounting, tax and financial reporting principles and assess impact to the company.
• Perform special projects as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
• Excellent communication and organizational / project management skills required.
• Ability to multi-task without compromising accuracy and timeliness of end products.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Individual with strong technology skills and ability to quickly learn new technology to perform job efficiently required. Expertise with MS Excel and Word. Experience with MS Great Plains and Concur a plus.
• Roll up your sleeve work ethic and team player mentality required.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and clients both domestic and international.
Education and/or Experience
• Degree in accountancy.
• Minimum of 2 years of corporate accounting/tax experience in financial services – private experience within asset management industry and/or public accounting experience with a focus on asset management industry, particularly management companies a plus.
• Chartered Accountant preferred.
• Written and verbal understanding of multiple languages including German and English. Knowledge of Spanish helpful but not required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• High level of motivation and drive to advance career
• Professional demeanor
• Capacity for quickly learning new procedures/ideas
• Attention to detail
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Since its foundation in 1955, VanEck has been driven by innovation and stands for intelligent, forward-looking investment strategies. As of December 10, 2018, VanEck managed approximately USD 47 billion in assets, including ETFs, mutual funds and institutional accounts.
With more than 90 ETFs globally, the investment house offers a comprehensive portfolio covering numerous sectors, asset classes and smart beta strategies. VanEck was one of the first asset managers to offer investors access to international markets. The objective has always been to identify new trends and asset classes – such as Gold Investments (1968), Emerging Markets (1993) and ETFs (2006), which have shaped the investment industry to this day.
VanEck is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Frankfurt (Germany), Pfaeffikon (Switzerland), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Sydney (Australia) and Shanghai (China).
Terms and Conditions: