Construction Support Intern
The Construction Support Intern is responsible for assisting in all construction related projects including new home construction, preservation & repair and store maintenance. The candidate for this position will have the opportunity to work alongside local volunteers & staff by meeting the needs of decent, affordable housing. This position requires some travel within Lake and Sumter counties for each project worksite. Time commitment includes 25-40 hours/week based on project duties that week. The internship duration may vary based on need and the student’s preference.
- Reports to the Director of Volunteer Services, Eustis Office
- Perform safe and proper use of tools including chop saw, hammers, measuring tape, etc.
- Contribute to the goals of the project by performing activities such as house wrap, siding, painting, door and window installation, cabinet and trim installation, landscaping, etc.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment, including organizing the worksite and tool trailers
- Learn and abide by all construction site safety requirements as outlined by site supervisor
- Perform and learn specific construction duties as assigned by the Site Supervisor
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to work outdoors on a weekly schedule
- Must have their own transportation to and from the project worksite
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while working independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people
- Possess a desire to learn new skills in the construction field
Über Habitat for Humanity Lake Sumter
Habitat for Humanity of Lake-Sumter, Florida (http://habitatls.org) is a non-profit organization that utilizes volunteer support to achieve our mission. We aim to bring people together to build homes, communities and hope and have been a leader in innovation to build a more stable and sustainable future for the homeowner and community. It is our goal to increase access and opportunity to affordable housing solutions for those who need it.