As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
As a Fab Engineering intern you are responsible for all aspects of a wafer fabrication process including tool selection and process definition. You will assist with the installation, modification, upgrade and maintenance of manufacturing equipment including process setup, technician and operator training. You will use data to make intelligent improvements to overall fabrication process. You are also responsible for understanding all aspects of the process performed. This includes the interaction of the process to other fab processing to enable accurate product dispositions of non-conforming product. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules.
Responsibilities may include
• Compile and evaluate test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications
• Work with equipment vendors to sustain and enhance equipment performance from both a process and tool standpoint
• Provide supervision to technicians and technical support to operations team through definition of operation specifications and training aids
• Student of electrical engineering, electrical and computer engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science, physics or related field
• Demonstrated problem solving and communication skills
• Very good written and oral communications skills in German and English
• Benefit from an attractive compensation
• Join an international work environment where your ideas count and where you can thrive in a diverse culture
• Explore a world of opportunities for your personal and professional development