Produkt / Kommunikation Design Praktikum (m/w/d)
We are the Product Design Team and an innovation lighthouse within moovel (REACH NOW). Together with our product and tech colleagues, we build a product for bringing millions of people all over the world to their destinations each and every day. If you’re a product and interaction driven mobile enthusiast you should join us on our journey inventing the future of mobility! For our team here in Hamburg, we are searching for a Product Design Intern/Working Student.
First a quick look at us
Daimler AG and BMW Group are bundling their mobility services in the areas of Carsharing, Ride-Hailing, Parking, Charging and Multimodal Platforms, and create a new global player comprising of five joint ventures. moovel Group is joining forces with ReachNow - and becomes REACH NOW.
Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. Our mission is to transform cities by providing the most convenient and sustainable mobility solutions. We create outstanding products with technical excellence, an agile mindset, an open feedback and failure culture and fun at work. moovel is part of two large global corporations, but at the heart of it we still are a start-up. We act as a partner for cities, transport networks and mobility service providers with the goal of making cities smarter and creating an operating system for urban mobility that provides access to appropriate mobility options in urban areas and paves the way for the future with autonomous vehicles. Currently, 300 employees work in small creative teams in Germany and the US at four locations - Hamburg, Berlin, Stuttgart and Portland.
How the role works
As a full member of the Product (or Communication) Design team, you’ll be deeply integrated into the product conception and designing process. We’re currently a team of seven product designers and user researchers. Besides our global platform work, each of us is also part of one end-to-end responsible development squad taking care of a specific part of the platform in-depth. You’ll have a significant stake in shaping and defining a world-wide product for millions of people.
Our team is part of the Product department at moovel (REACH NOW) and works directly together with developers, product owners and our communication design fellows. Here are some things we want to entrust you right away:
- Support of conception and UI/UX designing of features, screens, flows for our Multimodal Mobility App
- Support our squad designers for a specific part of the product, working closely together with developers and product owners
- Contributing generic components and elements into our Mobile Design System
- Working on app screens and adjusting them for marketing related topics
- Being part of our designing sprints and contributing with great ideas into the Product Design Team
We need someone to partner with, who not only knows how to create catchy and professional product designs to bring the full benefit of our users, but also someone who is organized and empathetic.
You are studying design or just finished your studies and would like to gain some hands-on experience in a mobility start-up? We are looking for a motivated colleague, solving product design challenges together with us. A mix of the following skills would be optimal:
- Experience in UI/UX, interface and interaction design
- Experience in mobile and deep knowledge about both platforms iOS & Android
- Creativity to fill generic flows and features with life and user benefit
- Skills with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
- Skills with prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer, Flinto or Principle would be a plus
- Constantly trying out new tools and technologies in interface design
- Independent and flexible working methods
- High sense of responsibility and a great team spirit
- Entrepreneurial, can-do attitude with a strong sense of product quality
In summary, we are looking for a passionate product design student/intern, who loves working on a product with impact. If this description catches you and you are more than ready for this challenge – we definitely want to meet you. We are excited to explore your portfolio with strong product design samples and a short CV.
We are more than ready to meet you!
Delia, Kathi, Rapha, Steffen, Rafael, Bene and Michael