Praktikum: Internationales Outdoor Diplom in Erlebnispädagogik & Hochseilgarten Trainer Ausbildung
Since 2002, the Camp Adventure Academy in association with Camp Europe, has been successfully organizing international adventure and language camps throughout Europe (Germany, Ireland, Spain and England mainly). We are proud to announce that since 2016, we offer a complementary program, aimed at developing Outdoor Education Skills and Outdoor Education Centres Management insights, such as organizational planning, OEC-Logistics, Project Management, Implementation Techniques and other educational topics; through an extensive six month-long Diploma program in the field of experiential learning.
• Start date: March 11th, 2018
• End date: Sept 22th, 2017 (extensions possible)
• Duration: 6 months
• International Camp Counselor training program
• First aid & CPR training with “Emergency First Response” guidelines
• High Ropes Specialization: 5 day High ropes instructor training according to the ERCA norm (European Ropes Course Association)
• TOEFL Specialization: 3 day High ropes course instructor assistant training according to the ERCA norm (European Ropes Course Association) and 1 day TOEFL examiner certification
• Outdoor pedagogical basics, throughout diverse educational program areas (survival, archery, canoeing…)
• Camp director assistant training program, including administrative tasks such as camp accounting (depending on qualifications)
• Introduction course to big-size groups meal catering with option to obtain a Food & Beverage license
• In-depth preparation for organizing all sort of educational / recreational activities at our international camps
• In-depth preparation for logistics management at our international camps
• In-depth preparation for camp-site build-up and take-down
• Program staff at our school group experiential education programs
• Drug Prevention Coach Training – In collaboration with the German NGO “Keine Macht den Drogen” (available only for German speakers)
• Bronze-cross Lifeguard Certification Program
• Training for different high season camp profiles
• Assistant role as support staff during our annual International Camp Counselor training week, with over 140 participants (depending on qualifications)
• Different placements during Summer Camp session, performing as staff responsible at one or various program areas such as camp counseling, high ropes course instructor / assistant, archery specialist, canoeing guide, F&B logistics, catering, camp management assistant for budgeting, accounting and administrative tasks, as well as keeping communication with the head office in Hamburg (depending on qualifications).
• Instructor at outdoor education programs
• Campsite´s take down after summer sessions and follow-ups
• Material & equipment storage and audit
• Season-Ending Party organization :)
• Enthusiastic and motivating personality
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Fraternal social skills
• Good English fluency
• Tolerance and understanding for other cultures
• Responsible, committed as well as high degree of independence
• A positive attitude for living in community at an outdoor setting
• Minimum age: 21 years old, by March 19th
• A class B driver’s license and experience in driving is an asset
• The preparation and implementation of the camp programs are work-intensive. A high degree of resilience and the ability of proactive behavior are key elements in order to cope the stressful moments
• A 75 euro / week stipend is offered during your camp placement performance weeks
• Training weeks are not monetarily compensated, however Camp Europe offers all training, equipment and material, plus full room & board free of charge
• Camp Europe provides full support to those bachelor or master program students who are intending to write any of their Uni papers based on Outdoor Educational Programs and other topics related to the internship
• Accommodation provided throughout the 6-month diploma program (basic accommodation, shared room, tent or camping caravan)
• Upon confirming a preliminary placement offer we will charge a deposit of 500 EUR. The deposit partially covers the associated expenses of the intensive training program. It will be fully refunded upon a successful competition of the 6-month program (training + 20-week placement).
• Associated costs of transfers between camp locations, accommodation and full board during placement weeks will be covered.
Detailed information can be found on www.campadventure.de / www.campadventure.de
Über Camp Adventure e.K.
Camp Adventure ist eine Organisation des Gründers Jan Vieth, die seit 2002 die positiven Aspekte von deutschen Ferienfreizeiten mit denen kanadischer Sommercamps verbindet, um Kindern und Jugendlichen aus aller Welt ein tolles Abenteuersport-Ferienlager zu bieten.
Camp Adventure ist auch Spezialist in Outdoor-Programmen und Aktivitäten, die von Abenteuerflair, Naturerlebnis, Teamgeist und Selbsterfahrung geprägt sind. Als Experte auf dem Gebiet Abenteuer und Erlebnisfreizeit können wir auch Hotels, Resorts und Freizeitparks speziell im Bereich der Programm- und Anlagengestaltung optimale Beratung bieten.