Workstudent position in the field of neurotech/neuroscience
In February 2018 we will begin a pilot study on the effect of a training with neurofeedback with EEG to increase relaxation of healthy subjects. EEG-based neurofeedback training is a technique that enables users to consciously regulate their brain functions. Brainwaves are measured through a portable EEG and changes in particular EEG bands, known to be associate to specific states of mind e.g. "relaxation", are presented to subjects through an auditory feedback. Thus, the participant learns to produce changes in the power of targeted EEG bands to produce beneficial changes in behavior.
Now we are looking for a motivated and talented student in the field of psychology, neuroscience or similar to join our team in Berlin.
Starting date: February 2018 (20h / week)
Support out team in conducting a pilot study on the effect of a training with neurofeedback with EEG to increase relaxation of healthy subjects. This involves among others the following tasks:
• Making appointments
• Scheduling and organizing the training
• Informing participants about the study
• Dealing with re-scheduling of trainings
• Taking care of data acquisition, storage, back-up and quality checks
• Managing unexpected events
• Administering questionnaires
• Giving feedback based on your observations to the product development team through this co-create our first product
• Interest in dealing with people in experimental settings.
• Absolute trustworthiness, flexibility and reliability
• Excellent literacy and communication skills in English
• Ability to work independently
• Highly analytical mindset
Nice to have:
• Experience with EEG setup and recording
• Experience with google forms
Über Neurosphere UG
We are a rising neurotech company called Neurosphere in the field of brain-computer interfaces. Our software combines the newest findings from neuroscience with that of machine learning. Our vision is to empower people to reach their full cognitive potential. We want to do this by making neurotech simple to use, understandable and more accessible for everyone. As a first step we have developed a EEG-based neurofeedback application for deep relaxation, that enables our users to do science-based and sustainable mind training, both at home and at work. With our first product we are focusing on Business-To-Business customers who want to use science and technology to improve the mental well-being and productivity of their teams directly at the workplace.
What we offer
• A friendly team and environment with different professional roles (engineers, psychologist neuroscientist, designers)
• An experience in the startup culture
• To contribute to well-being of people
• A great office in the heart of Berlin-Mitte with lots of space for creative work