Über BCG The Boston Consulting Group
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with 81 offices in 45 countries.
BCG's Center for Knowledge & Analytics works in close collaboration with the consulting teams and other groups within our firm to help acquire, retrieve, organize, and analyze the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients. Our role is to be a trusted partner and catalyst for all parts of BCG in facilitating the development of knowledge as a core competitive advantage and building our firm's reputation as a global leader in business consulting. Ultimately, our efforts create a firm‐wide culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
BCG's Energy Practice Area helps companies navigate an increasingly complex business climate. We cover the oil and power & gas sectors, including all "green energy" sectors. We work with the full range of players in the industry: integrated international oil companies (IOCs), national oil companies (NOCs), upstream players, oilfield service companies, refiners, petrochemical producers, and oil trading firms, integrated power and gas utilities, international power producers, renewable specialists, energy wholesalers and retailers, commodity traders, and infrastructure and industry service providers, water utilities and waste-management firms, governments, regulators, industry associations, NGOs, technology companies, OEMs and suppliers to the energy and environment industry, energy-intense heavy industry players.
Center for Knowledge & Analytics
Job Title: Internship (f/m) Green Energy, Düsseldorf
Function: Knowledge Team
Job Type: Internship
Job ID: 5862BR
We are seeking a strong candidate to support the fast growing Green Energy segment within BCG's Energy Practice. The Green Energy segment covers multiple topics, such as onshore and offshore wind, solar PV and distributed energy resources, stationary storage (e.g. battery storage, thermal storage, hydrogen), energy efficiency (e.g. buildings energy efficiency, industrial processes, energy services, heating), other renewables (e.g. biomass, geothermal), and CO2/Emissions.
You will have a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of this segment and learn more about this fast moving space in close collaboration with BCG topic experts. The particular focus of the internship will lie on the battery storage and distributed energy resources, giving you the opportunity to obtain a view on the full breadth of this topic. You will have the chance to work closely with our experts on a on day-to-day to basis and you will get the chance to take responsibility for bringing forward own projects covering a specific product area.
- Contribute to selected BCG client cases (either through own research or support for an experienced analyst or expert in the segment)
- Develop new tools and insights, for example a cost benchmark for battery storage systems that covers divers application segments (residential, commercial, utility-scale)
- Update BCG's perspective on business models and an analysis of the competitive landscape in the stationary battery storage market
- Provide overall support to the Green Energy segment (for example creating systematic views on BCG’s case experience)
- Ongoing Master’s studies with high academic achievements (business studies, management, socio-economic sciences or similar)
- Interest in Energy topics and curiosity to learn more about Green Energy, particularly battery storage and distributed energy resources
- Previous experience in the Energy sector is a plus
- Creative, yet structured problem solver and autonomous self-starter
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal credibility, reliability, and service mentality
- Highest ethical standards, able to maintain discretion and confidentiality
THE BOSTON CONSULTING GROUP
BCG is an equal opportunity employer