Startup Berlin — Entrepreneur in Residence Program (stealth mode)
As an ENTREPRENEUR IN RESIDENCE at Timber Trading you will have the chance to be part of a growing company, directly influencing its success and shaping its future. You are the founder's right hand and will work together with him on the most pressing issues. You will learn what it means to build a company from scratch, which can mean doing sales, marketing, finance, operations, HR or technical tasks. For this you must connect your curiosity, our common vision, the client's pains and your understanding of current internet technologies.
You will achieve your tasks together with the CEO, the technical lead and our investors. Doing so you will play a key role in disrupting a dormant multi-billion market and possibly growing into a full-time permanent role.
- Understand the market's needs and test different sales approaches
- Foster deep business relations with our partner suppliers
- Set up intelligent business processes using smart technical workarounds
- Define recruiting guidelines and make sure we get the best people on board
- Help to prepare and to conduct investor meetings
- Conduct A/B tests to optimise the product and have a positive impact on the user experience
- You have a passion for startups and want to prepare for your own adventure down the road
- You do not care about rules nor corporate politics — you want to challenge status quo and get things done fast
- You are visionary and analytically very strong. You naturally break problems apart into their components and excel at connecting topics from many different domains
- You have a positive can-do attitude, love having multiple projects running simultaneously and getting your hands dirty (did we mention we are building a startup?)
- Ideally you have had some work experience within consulting, sales or in startups — we expect outstanding academic credentials
- Fluency in English AND German is a must
Über Timber Trading
Timber Trading is a professionally led startup by experienced Zurich/Berlin entrepreneurs in stealth mode. We aim to be the first, vertical integrated digital timber trader connecting sawmills to the industry. Customers will be using our platform among others to buy and sell sawn wood while we automate all the processes related to this activity. Fostering a truly open and progressive culture, combined with creative approaches to a dormant industry, working at Timber Trading is the perfect step to learn more about purposeful venture building with plenty of fun. As the CEO's right hand you are solely responsible for your assignments and have a huge impact on the success of the company. This awaits you:
- A super smart, passionate and very international team that wants to push things
- Flat hierarchy, direct feedback culture and data driven decision making in every part of the company
- Time and guidance to invest in your personal and professional growth
This program normally lasts between two and six months and may lead to a permanent role — starting date is flexible.