Working Student - Insurance
Function: Knowledge Team
Job Type: Working Student
Job ID: 6519BR
We are seeking a strong candidate to support the Knowledge and Consulting Teams to elaborate first class solutions for their clients in the insurance market. In this role you will assist the insurance analysts and experts in a variety of strategic research topics for German and international assignments. You will also learn how we approach problems of our clients in order to help them perform better than before and strengthen their market position. The role provides also the chance to gain initial experience in German and international insurance cases at one of the globally leading management consultancies.
You can work up to 20 hours/week during your semesters and up to 40 hours/week during your vacation time. The role offers enough flexibility to combine personal, academic and professional life.
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises.
Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with 81 offices in 45 countries.
- Contribute to selected BCG client cases (either through own research or support for an experienced analyst or expert in the segment)
- Develop new tools and insights, for example a cost benchmark for battery storage systems that covers divers application segments (residential, commercial, utility-scale)
- Update BCG's perspective on business models and an analysis of the competitive landscape in the stationary battery storage market
- Provide overall support to the Green Energy segment (for example creating systematic views on BCG’s case experience)
- Ongoing Master’s studies with high academic achievements (business studies, management, socio-economic sciences or similar)
- Interest in Energy topics and curiosity to learn more about Green Energy, particularly battery storage and distributed energy resources
- Previous experience in the Energy sector is a plus
- Creative, yet structured problem solver and autonomous self-starter
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal credibility, reliability, and service mentality
- Highest ethical standards, able to maintain discretion and confidentiality
THE BOSTON CONSULTING GROUP
BCG is an equal opportunity employer