Internship in Tour Operator's Accounts Payable/ Accounts Credit Control Department
The Accounts Payable department at the Abbey Group processes a high volume of invoices for both Abbey Ireland and Abbey Scotland. We undertake to process invoices and payments to our suppliers in accordance with our agreed terms (usually 30 days after month of travel). In order to meet that objective the Accounts Payable team must work quickly and resolve any queries by working closely with colleagues from other departments within the Abbey Group and externally.
The main daily duties of the Accounts Payable team are:
• Responsible for processing supplier invoices in accordance with Purchase Orders,
• Responsible for reconciling supplier accounts
• Dealing with supplier enquiries.
• Interacting with internal staff to resolve queries.
• Supplier Payment Runs by Electronic BACS and by Cheque
You may also be asked to assist with:
• VAT procedures UK / Ireland
• Analysis of margins
• Cash flows
• Credit Control
• Assist with any duty that arises
Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the respective Department Managers.
• Euro 300.00 per month
• 1.75 days off per full month
• Weekend Away (You will be entitled to one free weekend for two people sharing a twin room with bath on a bed and breakfast basis in a 3* Hotel or Bed and Breakfast subject to availability. This offer is valid only during your placement dates and is non-transferable.)
• Fluency in English
• Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
• Good communication and organizational skills
• This internship has to be a mandatory part of your studies/ students have to be enrolled at university - we cannot accept graduates
Über Abbey Group
Als marktführender B2B Incoming Reiseveranstalter in Irland bietet Abbey Ireland & UK studentischen Praktikanten aus zahlreichen Ländern seit Jahren umfassende Erfahrungen in verschiedenen Abteilungen. In einer international geprägten, familiären Atmosphäre arbeiten unsere Praktikanten (unter Anleitung und mit Unterstützung) selbstständig an eigenen Aufgabengebieten.