IT internship in India - academic publisher - February 2019
The Cross-Cultural Internship Program
Our Indian subsidiary, Springer Nature Technology and Publishing Solutions (SNTPS) in Pune, is a leader in Publishing Solutions and provides cutting edge IT and ITeS solutions to some of the biggest scientific content and database brands in the world. They have developed intelligent solutions across the publishing cycle, making life easier for authors, editors, publishers and readers. Their technology innovations are changing the way publishing works with innovative systems for Author Submission, Open Access Peer Review, Automated Workflow, Production and Typesetting, Search and Delivery for databases and BI & Analytics.
We are looking for: STUDENTS or UNIVERSITY GRADUATES (m/f) from the areas computer sciences, business informatics, digital media, software engineering, information and communication technology, media technology, as well as User Experience Design and User Interface Development.
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong technical, analytical and numerical skills
- Knowledge of ABAP (desirable) **
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance & testing is an advantage
- Flexibility and the ability to integrate into a different (work) culture in an English speaking country
- Able to work both independently and in a distributed (global) team
Your Work in India:
You will be familiarized with the functions and work processes at one of the publishing industry’s leading service providers. During your internship you will leverage your knowledge in the technology department in one of the following work areas: either business analysis, IT software development, user-experience design or user-interface development.
- Your duties will depend on the division you are assigned to and can include:
- Applying reference structuring rules to manuscripts and evaluating the results
- Supporting project leads with the realisation of projects and implementation of processes
- Exploratory, performance & load, resilience and usability testing
- Research work in the field of new technologies related to Machine Learning, Natural Language Process, Big Data, Hybris and Niche or Additional Technology
- Application support
- Collecting, analysing and documenting business, functional and data requirements in a structured manner to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Building solutions to user needs iteratively and quickly and propose designs which improve website/tool/software performance and accessibility
The groups start in February and August each year. We are currently looking for interns to start end of February 2019. Closing date for applications is November 15, 2018. It is also possible to start your internship on a compulsory base. Number of interns: 4; Duration: 6 months Payment: In addition to an appropriate monthly payment, we will provide you with the necessary IT equipment and cover your travel and accommodation costs in India. We also offer interesting excursions, paid by us.
We look forward to receiving your online application in English.
„Intern Visa“ regulations: Fortunately the visa regulations for the Indian „Intern Visa“ have changed. We are able again to take students who need to do a compulsory internship during their courses at university. If you finished your studies you can apply up to two years after graduation. We will still check each case individually whether the applicant is fulfilling the requirements for an intern visa or not.
Visit us on Facebook: Cross Cultural Internship India and find out more about the program on: www.springer.com
Über Springer Nature
Springer Nature is a major new force in scientific, scholarly, professional and educational publishing. Springer Nature was created through the combination of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media in May 2015. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of EURO 1.5 billion.