AUTOMOTIVE / PRAKTIKUM IM BEREICH FAHRZEUG-ELEKTRIFIZIERUNG / INTERNSHIP FOR DEVELOPING AN ELECTRICAL POWERTRAIN DEMO
You are currently a Master or Bachelor student, looking for an international internship? Maybe even looking for the possibility to write a thesis? You wan to get international experience at a location where other people go for holidays?
Silicon mobility is opening an “6 to 9 month INTERNSHIP” position in its main Research and Development center ideally located in the Sophia-Antipolis Technology Park on the FRENCH RIVIERA, close to NICE.
As part of the PRODUCT team, you will be in charge of:
1) Developing/Porting an electrified powertrain application mock-up, HEV motor control or power converter, demonstrating the benefits of our product (FPCU)
2) Improving product documentation quality and documentation generation workflow
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Development and simulation of a control algorithm under Matlab/Simulink with respect to powertrain electrification (e.g. Inverter, DC/DC, BMS, …)
- Implementing and testing the control algorithm on the OLEA® T222 FPCU platform in a demonstrator
- Creation of presentation material and documentation related to the demonstrator
- Documentation improvement on the content (English) and the related documentation toolchain (no prior knowledge expected)
- Understanding and testing of Silicon Mobility products and toolchains
On a successful completion of the internship, Silicon Mobility offers the possibility of being hired in France or Germany.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- C programming skills, with the focus on embedded programming
- Software development cycle and techniques
- Model based design using Matlab/Simulink
- Electrical powertrain (e.g. battery, energy conversion systems, inverter)
- Content definition using XML templates and its interpretation using XSL stylesheets (optional)
- MS Office
- Fluent in English
- German speaking is a plus
- French speaking is a plus
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Time management
- Pro-active work attitude
- Independent and team working
- Constant quality improvement
Über Silicon Mobility
Silicon Mobility is a technology leader for cleaner, safer, and smarter mobility. The company designs, develops and sells flexible, real-time, safe, and open semiconductor solutions for the automotive industry used to increase energy efficiency and reduce pollutant emissions while keeping passengers safe.
The Automotive industry is living a revolution. Electrification, autonomous driving, diverse mobility, connectivity are trends that are drastically changing the industry’s rules. Among all decisive topics revolutionizing cars in the next future, Silicon Mobility is committed to support the rapid advent of electric and hybrid cars.
Silicon Mobility is headquartered in Sophia Antipolis, France with offices in Silicon Valley and Munich.
Additionally we offer:
- Beach at 15 min drive
- Skiing or Mountain hiking at 1 1/2h drive
- International airport at 20 min drive
- Less snow and more sun