We are the operational headquarters of the independent European branch of the Global Street Child network. Each intern in our office represents a specific country that we work in. At the moment we work out of eight European counties: Italia, France, Deutschland , Nederland, España, Switzerland, Danmark.
Through fundraising and marketing activities, we raise funds for external projects and spread awareness for Street Child projects in some of the world’s toughest places like Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Nepal. Everyday our team conducts country-based research to find new financial opportunities in the form on donors, foundation, corporate partners. In addition, we design marketing and communication strategies in order to cultivate a unique global identity.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the current situation with COVID-19, we are aware that travel restrictions are in place, therefore we have set up a system for online onboarding and working remotely until these restrictions are lifted.
- Fundraising research: find and contact new funding prospects including trusts, foundations and major donors.
- Foundations proposal writing: write and translate funding proposals for trusts and foundations using knowledge of previous, current and upcoming Street Child projects.
- Marketing and Communications: promote local and international events, update the website, manage digital marketing, email marketing and social media.
- Volunteer coordination: manage the existing volunteer base and help recruit new volunteers to the network.
- Business development: build and manage collaborations and partnerships with other organizations and companies.
- Event management: support planned events and develop new ideas.
- Key characteristics: Self-motivated, proactive and innovative thinking with the ability to use your initiative and work independently. Interest in the non-profit sector and in Street Child’s mission. A willingness to be flexible, have fun and enjoy a laugh with the team!
- Areas of university studies: include but are not limited to marketing, international relations, human rights, development, economics or global affairs.
- Skills: excellent communication skills with professional manner via telephone and email. A native German level and professional English skills are required. Knowledge of the web, social media and Microsoft Office will be needed.
By being a fundamental part our our international team you will have the opportunity to work very closely with energetic and likeminded young students and graduates. For our interns this will often be their first professional experience but don’t worry as we have a culture of open mentorship for each intern and support from senior board members. We will invest in your training so you can learn from experienced members of the team regarding the different responsibilities!
Please, click on this link https://www.street-child.ch/application-internship, fill in the form and send a CV and a cover letter in English at E-Mail anzeigen.
You will be contacted by our recruitment coordinator shortly.
Street Child is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in the world by giving them the chance to go to school and giving their families the sustainable means to keep them there. There’s never been a better time to get behind our cause; we are an ambitious and exciting international development charity and this is your chance to be a part of an incredible fundraising adventure