Start of the Internship: February/March
Duration: preferably 6 months
Street Child is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in the world by giving them the chance to go to school and giving their families the sustainable means to keep them there. There’s never been a better time to get behind our cause; we are an ambitious and exciting international development charity and this is your chance to be a part of an incredible fundraising adventure!
At Street Child, we are very lucky to have fantastic volunteers committed, keeping overheads low so that as much funding as possible can go to our projects in West Africa and Asia.
We are currently looking for a German native speaker to join us in our Barcelona office. The preferred internship duration is 6 months, however shorter durations can be discussed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the current situation with COVID-19, we are aware that travel restrictions are in place, therefore we have set up a system for online onboarding and working remotely until these restrictions are lifted.
You will be part of a small team led by the EU Development and Marketing Manager. Below are some examples of your responsibilities but you will spend 60% of your time on the first 2 tasks:
- Fundraising research: find and contact new funding prospects including trusts, foundations and major donors.
- Foundations proposal writing: write and translate funding proposals for trusts and foundations using knowledge of previous, current and upcoming Street Child projects.
- Finance: Assisting with small financial tasks (e.g. budgets, donation receipts...)
- Marketing and Communications: promote local and international events, update the website, manage digital marketing, email marketing and social media.
- Volunteer coordination: manage the existing volunteer base and help recruit new volunteers to the network.
- Business development: build and manage collaborations and partnerships with other organizations and companies.
- Event management: support planned events and develop new ideas.
- Key characteristics: Self-motivated, proactive and innovative thinking with the ability to use your initiative and work independently. Interest in the non-profit sector and in Street Child’s mission. A willingness to be flexible, have fun and enjoy a laugh with the team!
- Areas of university studies: include but are not limited to marketing, international relations, human rights, development, economics or global affairs.
- Skills: excellent communication skills with professional manner via telephone and email. A native German level and professional English skills are required. Knowledge of the web, social media and Microsoft Office will be needed.
The internship is unpaid but you will gain valuable experience for your CV through working on a wide variety of tasks and through the regularly provided training sessions, giving you the chance to improve both your professional and personal skills. We also provide assistance in applying for grants like Erasmus+. As Street Child is still a fairly new organization, you will have greater responsibility than in other internships and you will have the chance to make a big impact for a great cause. Moreover, by working with a young, dynamic and international team, you will meet culturally diverse people and have the opportunity to practice different languages. After your internship, you will have the optional opportunity to apply for our International Volunteering Program where you will contribute to Street Child’s activities in the field and see firsthand the impact our work has on children and families!
Please, click on this link https://www.street-child.ch/application-internship, fill in the form and send a CV and a cover letter in English at E-Mail anzeigen.
You will be contacted by our recruitment coordinator shortly.