Location: Berlin, Germany; or Germany (remote telework)
Application deadline: Rolling
Earliest starting date: 01.10.2021
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support CDP’s work at the intersection of environmental policy, donor relations, and organizational planning and development.
About Development: CDP’s Development team is ambitious, dynamic and at the heart of everything CDP does. Half of CDP’s global income is secured by our team and we have driven CDP to grow by 20% each year. There is significantly more potential, and we are seeking an individual who can come and support us on our mission.
Working closely with CDP colleagues from a range of teams in the Berlin office and overseas, you will assist in researching new donors – and assessing opportunities for future funding and strategic partnerships throughout Europe.
This is the perfect position if you are driven, determined, and focused on solutions.
The role includes
- Supporting the Development team in progressing its’ funding strategies, including mapping the European private and public sector donor landscape with particular attention to German institutions;
- Supporting the Development team with updating donor contacts and the team calendar;
- Providing support in communications with governments and potential donors;
- Identifying relevant events and assisting the team with event participation, e.g. EU Hoizon2020 virtual conferences;
- Providing general research and administrative support as required;
- Assisting with other ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate should have
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program at a German university;
- Be passionate about Sustainable Development and connected topics, such as Climate Change, Water Management and Forest Protection;
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Have strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (esp. Excel, PowerPoint, Word), familiarity with databases is also desirable;
- Be confident and capable of engaging with stakeholders at all levels;
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in teams;
- Possess the ability to work independently and precisely, be proactive and set priorities;
- Demonstrate a high level of dedication, flexibility and resilience;
- Be highly competent in both spoken and written English, spoken and written German is also desirable, as are any other major European languages.
What we offer
- Gain experience in a world leading Non-Government Organization and learn about CDP Europe’s focuses across investors, companies, and cities, states and regions. Plus, opportunities to explore other organizational core functions such as policy and climate related programs;
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision making;
- 200 Euro per month internship compensation;
- 7,5 vacation days over the internship period of three months;
- Flexible working hours;
- 100% teleworking from any location in Germany is possible for this position. Dependent on current Corona measures, limited time working in a modern office at Berlin’s Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages may be possible.
The position is open only for candidates enrolled within a German University and looking to fulfil their mandatory internship requirement.
The successful candidate must be able to work legally in Germany and will work five days per week. The internship will last for a maximum period of three months and the intern will work with and report to the respective program manager.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter, CV and references/certificates if available) in English, via our recruitment platform.
Before you apply We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By submitting your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
CDP Europe is a charitable organization registered in Brussels and Berlin and on the EU Transparency Register since 2012. It is part of the CDP Global System, a global non-profit that runs the world’s environmental disclosure system for companies, cities, states and regions. Founded in 2000 and working with over 590 investors with $110 trillion in assets, CDP pioneered using capital markets and corporate procurement to motivate companies to disclose their environmental impacts, and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Over 10,000 organizations around the world disclosed data through CDP in 2020, including more than 9,600 companies worth over 50% of global market capitalization, and over 940 cities, states and regions, representing a combined population of over 2.6 billion. Fully TCFD aligned, CDP holds the largest environmental database in the world, and CDP scores are widely used to drive investment and procurement decisions towards a zero carbon, sustainable and resilient economy. CDP is a founding member of the Science Based Targets initiative, We Mean Business Coalition, The Investor Agenda and the Net Zero Asset Managers initiative. Visit cdp.net or follow us @CDP and on LinkedIn to find out more.
Gehaltsangabe für diese Stellenanzeige
Diese Gehaltsangabe ist eine realistische Angabe vom Unternehmen CDP Worldwide (Europe) gemeinnützige GmbH:
200 € brutto monatlich.