Street Child is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in the world by giving them the chance to go to school and giving their families the sustainable means to keep them there. There’s never been a better time to get behind our cause; we are an ambitious and exciting international development charity and this is your chance to be a part of an incredible adventure!
At Street Child, we are very lucky to have fantastic volunteers committed, keeping overheads low so that as much funding as possible can go to our projects in West Africa and Asia. We are currently looking for a full-time (35hours/week) Data, CRM and IT intern to join us in our Barcelona office. The preferred internship duration is 6 months; however shorter durations can be discussed.
Street Child embraces skills diversity among interns and we are more than happy, according to our current needs, to craft tasks depending on the personal qualities of the intern and/or give the intern freedom to apply his/her personal skills.
Since this is an internship position, the candidate does not need to be an expert in any of these topics and will learn in close cooperation with our Data Specialist.
- Working in close collaboration with the Street Child UK data specialist in our London as well as the European fundraising team in Barcelona.
- Support Street Child’s transition to a new CRM system (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT). Examples of the tasks include mapping Street Child Europe data against the same structure developed by Street Child UK, data validation, regular reporting.
- Develop together with the European team in Barcelona the business-critical reporting on the existing projects and relationships as well as on our applications and future relationships. Help planning and implementing future processes through which new data flows into the system and how data from the system is used for other systems, such as for communication measures (email mailings, thanking our donors, etc.).
- Support our open-source data analytics and reporting platform (KNIME) to manage fundraising partnerships, donor data and communication.
- Support of our finance and administrative processes and tools.
- Prepare the move of Street Child Europe’s websites to the same platform used by Street Child UK.
- Technical support to other pan-European fundraising and comms activities. Evaluate where technical solutions and tools can improve or automate, like social media management or video editing.
Key characteristics: Self-motivated, pro-active and innovative thinking with the ability to use your initiative and work independently. Statistical and analytical skills with great attention to detail. Structured and analytical working style with team-oriented mindset. Interest in the non-profit sector and in Street Child’s mission. A willingness to be flexible, have fun and enjoy a laugh with the team!
Areas of university studies: Include but are not limited to business management, communications, digital or information technologies.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, especially in analytical writings are required, Spanish is beneficial. Advanced MS Office skills are also required. First CRM experience and being comfortable with Excel is a plus.
Providing a letter of recommendation from a previous professional experience is advantageous.
Street Child welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their nationality, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
What are the benefits of an internship at Street Child?
The internship is unpaid but you will gain valuable experience for your CV through working on a wide variety of tasks and through the regularly provided training sessions, giving you the chance to improve both your professional and personal skills. We also provide assistance in applying for grants like Erasmus+, which our interns usually receive.
As Street Child is still a fairly new organization, you will have greater responsibility than in other internships and you will have the chance to make a big impact for a great cause. Moreover, by working with a young, dynamic and international team, you will meet culturally diverse people and have the opportunity to practice different languages.
How to apply:
Please, click on this link [https://www.street-child.ch/application-internship], fill in the form and send a CV and a cover letter in English to E-Mail anzeigen. You will be contacted by our recruitment coordinator shortly.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Über das Unternehmen
Street Child is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in the world by giving them the chance to go to school and giving their families the sustainable means to keep them there.