About the Abbey Group
Headquartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey Group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best-known Incoming Tour Operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched and later expanded its services to the United Kingdom with an office located in Edinburgh. With over 140 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
Individual & Online Travel
Incentive & Luxury leisure travel
Association Conferences & Events
The Accounts Department at the Abbey Group is a dynamic team whose main area of responsibility is that of Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP) and Financial Control.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE / CREDIT CONTROL
The Credit Control department is responsible for the collection of money for FIT/Groups/Corporate files. Credit Control is responsible for collecting money in a timely manner and minimising the risk of bad debts. They also ensure that invoices are sent on time and payments are requested in line with existing credit terms.
The daily tasks involve being in constant contact with worldwide customers thus you will have the opportunity to practise your foreign languages.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
· Collecting money from clients who do not have credit
· Invoicing all bookings for the individual department
· Reconciliation of the credit card payments for bookings and conferences
The Accounts Payable department at the Abbey Group processes a high volume of invoices for both Abbey Ireland and Abbey Scotland. We undertake to process invoices and payments to our suppliers in accordance with our agreed terms (usually 30 days after month of travel). In order to meet that objective the Accounts Payable team must work quickly and resolve any queries by working closely with colleagues from other departments within the Abbey Group and externally.
The main daily duties of the Accounts Payable team are:
· Responsible for processing supplier invoices in accordance with Purchase Orders,
· Responsible for reconciling supplier accounts
· Dealing with supplier enquiries.
· Interacting with internal staff to resolve queries.
· Supplier Payment Runs by Electronic BACS and by Cheque
You may also be asked to assist with:
· VAT procedures UK / Ireland
· Analysis of margins
· Cash flows
· Credit Control
· Assist with any other duty that arises
· Any duty that is assigned to you by your Manager/Director
· Cover of front office reception as assigned
· Assisting the Abbey Group with its environmental and responsible tourism initiatives
· Fluency in English language
· Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
· Good communication and organizational skills
· Requirements- students must be affiliated with college/Educational institution /Erasmus/Leonardo Da Vinci etc. or this internship is part of their studies.
500 Euro per months
Gehaltsangabe für diese Stellenanzeige
Diese Gehaltsangabe ist eine realistische Angabe vom Unternehmen Abbey Group:
0 € - 500 € brutto monatlich.