People spend on average 100 days a year on their phones. We at Zario use psychology and gamification to help people reduce their phone screen time and live their lives to the fullest.
In order to scale our startup further, we are looking for a Psychology and Behavioral Design Intern (4 - 6 months unpaid internship – 100%) to join our dynamic & small team and provide creative ideas to yet unsolved problems. As a Psychology and Behavioral Design Intern, you will work closely with our CEO and set up your own projects.
Start date: flexible
As one of the early members of Zario, your work will have direct impact the lives of thousands of people, helping them live their lives to the fullest.
· You design and test new personal development pathways for our app (e.g. how to become more social)
· You help the CEO design and test a new cooperative challenge mode for our app
· You come up with new ideas on how to help our users change their habits using simple daily challenges
· You improve the current gamification concept to make it more engaging for our user
· You implement behavioral design to make users stick to their goals
· You help us prepare a pilot study with the university of Zurich
· You analyze newest addiction research and turn it into actionable tasks for our users
· You lead your own projects from conception to “go-live”
· Bachelors or master’s degree in psychology or social sciences.
· Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive "can-do" attitude
· You are fluent in English (German is a benefit)
· Interest in personal development topics
· Conceptual skills being able to turn theory into actionable tasks
· First experience with behavioral design is a plus
· You'll learn everything to start your own company in a few years. You'll learn about everything that goes into building Zario. The team, the product, marketing, the company. And from fundraising to recruiting to growing the user base.
· Learn how to design a product that can improve lives of its users based on psychology.
· Have a direct, measurable impact on the lives of our users, making them happier and more focused.
· Push your own projects. You'll do more than you ever thought was possible. Work with the team, build your own things. Have ideas and especially make them happen.
· Internship reference after successful competition
· Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
· Remote work or working from our Zurich office.
· Join us early and if you like it and we do well together, stay at Zario forever.
Easy, just forward your LinkedIn, CV or even better share your portfolio with us. No motivation letter is necessary. However, if you want to stand out, choose a task below:
· Tell me what you would do with a group of five strangers in a WhatsApp group to make them feel more like a team
· Tell us what motivates you to use psychology to help people live better lives.
Über das Unternehmen
Zario is a Zurich-based startup developing the first digital wellbeing app using artificial intelligence to tailor a specific journey of insights and challenges to help people reduce and replace unwanted screen-time. We combine psychology and gamification and help people win back one hour of your time by investing less than five minutes a day. We have been recently voted as #1 App of the Day on Product Hunt.