- Learning on the job: While a general understanding of the design and dynamics of power markets is needed, you will also be rapidly introduced to all aspects of long-term developments in various European electricity markets. You will experience a steep learning curve.
- Make an impact: Right from the beginning, you will be able to influence our analytical approaches and add valuable insights into the decision-making process in a highly professional and operative surrounding.
- Creativity: Assist in developing and implementing analytical approaches for new markets and business strategies in close collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Analytics: Contribute to the analyses of current flexibility markets and the thorough economic understanding of their corresponding drivers. Develop quantitative models to tackle revenue projections of all relevant markets and products using python.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or preferably Master’s degree in economics, engineering or science
- General understanding of the design and dynamics of power markets is an advantage
- Strong analytical and commercial mind-set
- Experience with data analysis and interpretation
- Basic Python skills are required (advanced knowledge preferable)
- Solid mathematical and statistical skills
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A focus on fun outside of work, supported by various activity groups such as soccer, yoga, sailing, climbing, boxing, cabin rentals, and much more
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
For working students: The working time can be organized flexibly within the week (on an hourly basis) up to 20 hours per week.
For interns: The internship is full time for a time period of preferably 4-6 months.
Please be informed that we are looking for applicants who are enrolled at a university during the whole engagement period. Applications can be sent either in English or in German.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.