ECFD - Summer Intern (m/f/d)
Mizuho 2024 Intern Programme – European Corporate Finance Department (ECFD)
For our summer internship programme, we are looking in Frankfurt, Germany for a ECFD - Summer Intern (m/f/d)
The Europe Corporate Finance Summer Intern at Mizuho will be involved in client relationshipmanagement of large European corporates, business management support, preparation of internal documents and analysis, data maintenance, and building a network of relationships across the organization.
The Internship programme is a 10-week programme starting in June 2024. Successful interns will be offered a permanent position in the 2025 Mizuho European Graduate Programme.
What you will learn:
Our interns will follow a structured programme of learning and development incorporating key technical skills, industry and client knowledge, product understanding, risk and conduct awareness and personal skills.
This learning will be undertaken whilst also building knowledge and understanding of Mizuho, and the culture and behaviours that underpin the organisation.
- You will during the programme proactively participate in client relationship management and origination, working closely with the Relationship Managers. Industries include Energy, Utilities, Consumer, Healthcare, Transport, and Industrials.
- Support client engagement and business management activities and assist in the preparation of internal briefing papers and memos, client account plans, client relationship return models, high quality presentation materials and pitchbooks and financial analysis to support marketing activity and credit applications for new transactions.
- Collaborate with key product partners, business functions and other stakeholders across international offices and divisions of the bank in support of client relationships.
- Assist in the maintenance and input of client activity data and pipeline items into the client relationship management system and using the system to prepare analysis and reports.
- Gain a holistic understanding of ECFD’s business and services, including our credit & rating related functions and our Strategic Solutions Group.
- As well as gain an understanding of key industry themes and developments across the covered sectors.
- Also develop a network across the organization, building relationships that enhance knowledge and understanding.
- Enrolled in Bachelor or Master programme of business, economics, finance or comparable in your penultimate year of studies
- Fluency in German and English, both verbal and written
- Client focussed, analytical and results driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferred previous internship experience in financial services
- Finishing University 2024 or beginning of 2025
To be successful at Mizuho, you must have a passion for financial services and identify with our values of winning spirit, inspiring trust and diversity of thought.
- 2 days holiday per full month
- Free soft drinks and hot drinks
- Remote working possible by arrangement
- Online networking events
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to supporting equality and diversity and seek to create a workplace that is fully inclusive.
Applicants must have the right to work in Germany. Find further information about Mizuho group to our website.
To apply please send us your CV and Cover letter via email, just click the 'Bewerben' Button.
Mizuho Financial Group, with its Head Office in Tokyo, Japan, is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering financial and strategic services through its group companies, which include Mizuho Bank and Mizuho Securities.
As the largest financial institution in the Mizuho Financial Group, Mizuho Bank works globally by providing an effective and multifaceted range of comprehensive financial services. The extensive global footprint encompasses nearly 120 offices in nearly 40 countries and territories in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and the Americas.
Mizuho Bank’s extensive corporate finance solution is primarily geared towards meeting our client's long-term and short-term financial planning and the implementation of financial strategies. In collaboration with several Mizuho Group companies, we provide a wide range of corporate financing services to major international corporations, financial sponsors, public sector entities or other companies.
At the same time, our global reach gives clients access to integrated capital markets and lending capabilities for more flexibility, efficiency and funding sources. The European Corporate Finance Department, which comprises client coverage and origination teams for Mizuho’s clients, is organized across six industry verticals.
Mizuho Securities Europe GmbH, Taunustor 1, 60310 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland