DCM - Summer Intern (m/f/d)
Mizuho 2024 Intern Programme –Dept Capital Markets (DCM)
As part of our internship and junior development efforts, we are looking for a summer intern (m/f/d) to join us in Frankfurt in the Debt Capital Markets department.
Our interns will gain experience in Capital Markets Team over a 10-week period starting in June 2024.
Successful interns will be offered a permanent position in the 2025 Mizuho European Graduate Programme.
What you will learn:
- Debt Capital Markets (DCM) is responsible for marketing and originating fixed income products across various currencies to their issuer client base.
- The team’s primary role is to provide debt financing solutions for Mizuho Group's corporate, sovereign, and financial institutions client base, in both public and private debt markets.
- DCM is responsible for ongoing communication with and advice to borrower clients, working closely with colleagues in the Debt Syndicate Team, the ESG Team and the Liability Management & Structuring team.
- The DCM team is also responsible for knowing the short and long-term funding plans of their issuer clients, their need for M&A-related liability and capital management solutions, the issuers' business strategies, and to have an indepth knowledge of their credit metrics and dynamics.
- DCM works in close coordination with colleagues across Mizuho Group in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
- Our intern-training programme will ensure that you gain a thorough understanding of the DCM landscape through a combination of project work, insight into day-to-day business and external training. You will during the programme actively participate in marketing, preparation and execution of DCM projects, working directly with the team of 6 DCM professionals in the Frankfurt office. The team includes 4 origination professionals, one debt syndicate team member and one JPY Capital Markets Specialist.
- Enrolled in Bachelor or Master programme of business, economics, finance or comparable in your penultimate year of studies
- Fluency in German and English, both verbal and written
- Client focussed, analytical and results driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferred previous internship experience in financial services
- Finishing University 2024 or beginning of 2025
To be successful at Mizuho, you must have a passion for financial services and identify with our values of winning spirit, inspiring trust and diversity of thought.
- 2 days holiday per full month
- Free soft drinks and hot drinks
- Remote working possible by arrangement
- Online networking events
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to supporting equality and diversity and seek to create a workplace that is fully inclusive.
Applicants must have the right to work in Germany. Find further information about Mizuho group to our website.
To apply please send us your CV and Cover letter via email, just click the 'Bewerben' Button.
Frankfurt based Mizuho Securities Europe GmbH, part of Japan’s Mizuho Financial Group, is the group's central hub for the entire securities business in the EU27 region.
Besides its Frankfurt headquarters, Mizuho Securities Europe GmbH operates out of two branches in Paris and Madrid to foster its business footprint in France and the Iberian Peninsula.
With a primary focus on clientbased activities, its wide range of services includes origination, sales and trading in both debt, rates and equity markets.
Mizuho Securities Europe GmbH, Taunustor 1, 60310 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland